The huge myth perpetuated by the health care industry and the pharmaceutical giants
Who naturally have a lot of power in terms of money and influence in government policy. Did you realise that pharmaceutical related deaths from properly prescribed drugs has been the 3rd largest KILLER in the United States for the last dozen or so years? Don’t you find it interesting how that little known fact is somehow overlooked when all you hear about is Cancer and Heart Disease? Have you been noticing an increasing number of stories in the media these days about the dangers of certain drugs:
what’s unsafe about hormone replacement medicines, anti-depressants, statin drugs and how few drugs are even effective at alleviating symptoms?
We all need to be aware of what’s going on here!
Want to read the truth about the life long effects of anti-depressants? Pick up Prozac Backlash by Dr. Joseph Glenmullen, a Harvard clinical instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Here is one reviewer’s comments:
“an important, deeply troubling examination of the means by which these drugs have become so widely disseminated, and the possible long-term toll they may take… As readable as it is alarming.” –Janet Maslin, The New York Times.
Spending is soaring for Children’s Behaviour Drugs
As more children pop pills for attention deficit and other behaviour disorders, figures show spending on those drugs has for the first time edged out the cost of antibiotics and asthma medications for children. There has been a significant rise in the use of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder drugs by children under 5 in the last five years.
The use of other behavioural drugs has also jumped in the last five years. Antidepressant use is rising and drugs for autism and other conduct disorders is also increasing.
Use of such behaviour medicines has been controversial, with some experts questioning whether parents and school officials are too eager to medicate disruptive children. ADHD in children However, increasing adolescent use of antidepressants is a concern, because there’s little proof they work in young people and evidence they may increase suicidal tendencies.
Here’s a little excerpt from an article discussing adverse drug reactions:
Even when drugs were taken in the hospital under doctors’ directions, there were more than two million adverse reactions, many of which contributed to patient deaths. The authors of this study concluded that adverse drug reactions ranked consistently between the fourth and sixth leading cause of death in the U.S. Newer drugs are particularly risky, since they have yet to be tested on a large population. Ten percent of new drugs released over the past 25 years subsequently acquired “black box” warnings (indicating adverse drug reactions) or were withdrawn from the market because of safety concerns. Half of these withdrawals occurred within 2 years of launch. The authors acknowledge that “innovative new therapies are important, but when safe and effective therapies already exist, any new drug should be considered a black box”.
Very interesting read? As the saying goes, “everything is not as it appears” and that could not be truer in the case of perceived value with pharmaceutical drugs. Think about it, how could something toxic that will make you literally SICK if you took it when you’re healthy be the answer for your long-term health?
It’s clear the marketplace is making a shift away from Pharmaceutical drugs. If you truly believe pharmaceuticals are the way to go, take a look at (I highly recommend you do your own research) what some of the more enlightened doctors are saying nowadays…
1. “The cause of most disease is in the poisonous drugs physicians superstitiously give in order to effect a cure.”
– Charles E. Page, M.D.
2. “Medicines are of subordinate importance because of their very nature they can only work symptomatically.”
– Hans Kusche, M.D.
3. “If all the medicine in the world were thrown into the sea, it would be bad for the fish and good for humanity”
– O.W. Holmes, (Prof. of Med. Harvard University)
4. “Drug medications consists in employing, as remedies for disease, those things which produce disease in well persons. Its materia medica is simply a lot of drugs or chemicals or dye-stuffs in a word poisons. All are incompatible with vital matter; all produce disease when brought in contact in
any manner with the living; all are poisons.”
– R.T. TraIl, M.D., in a two and one half hour lecture to members of congress and the medical profession, delivered at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C.
5. “Every drug increases and complicates the patients condition.”
– Robert Henderson, M.D.
6. “Drugs never cure disease. They merely hush the voice of nature’s protest, and pull down the danger signals she erects along the pathway of transgression. Any poison taken into the system has to be reckoned with later on even though it palliates present symptoms. Pain may disappear, but the patient is left in a worse condition, though unconscious of it at the time.”
– Daniel. H. Kress, M.D.
7. “The greatest part of all chronic disease is created by the suppression of acute disease by drug poisoning.”
– Henry Lindlahr, M.D.
8. “Every educated physician knows that most diseases are not appreciably helped by medicine.”
– Richard C. Cabot, M.D. (Mass. Gen. Hospital)
9. “Medicine is only palliative, for back of disease lies the cause, and this cause no drug can reach.”
– Wier Mitchel, M.D.
10. “The person who takes medicine must recover twice, once from the disease and once from the medicine.”
– William Osler, M.D.
11. “Medical practice has neither philosophy nor common sense to recommend it. In sickness the body is already loaded with impurities. By taking drug – medicines more impurities are added, thereby the case is further embarrassed and harder to cure.”
– Elmer Lee, M.D., Past Vice President, Academy of Medicine.
12. “Our figures show approximately four and one half million hospital admissions annually due to the adverse
reactions to drugs. Further, the average hospital patient has as much as thirty percent chance, depending how long he is in, of doubling his stay due to adverse drug reactions.”
– Milton Silverman, M.D. (Professor of Pharmacology, University of California)
13. “Why would a patient swallow a poison because he is ill, or take that which would make a well man sick.”
– L.F. Kebler, M.D.
14. “What hope is there for medical science to ever become a true science when the entire structure of medical knowledge is built around the idea that there is an entity called disease which can be expelled when the right drug is found?”
– John H. Tilden, M.D.
15. “The necessity of teaching mankind not to take drugs and medicines, is a duty incumbent upon all who know theiruncertainty and injurious effects; and the time is not far distant when the drug system will be abandoned.”
– Charles Armbruster, M. D.
16. “We are prone to thinking of drug abuse in terms of the male population and illicit drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and marijuana. It may surprise you to learn that a greater problem exists with millions of women dependent on legal prescription drugs.”
– Robert Mendelsohn, M.D
It is clear. Pharmaceuticals are NOT the answer. They CANNOT heal you of any condition; they merely silence certain symptoms of a much larger problem your body is trying to communicate to you!
Let me ask you a question: If your kitchen faucet was turned on and water was overflowing from the sink, would you grab a mop or turn off the faucet? At best, drugs are like a toxic mop!
Here’s my proposition to you: Why not give your body what it needs to overcome (protect, repair) and REGULATE ITSELF, just like good old Mother Nature intended since the dawn of man. Research more natural solutions and give those priority.