Cycling is known to benefit overall health, gets you fit and helps you to lose weight. Cycling Health Fitness is important so that you continue to enjoy cycling while getting healthy, fit and lean. In this article I thought I would cover the key comfort areas for cycling – primarily your bottom and also your hands and head. I will try to point you in the right direction for good quality gear that will help you in this area
Cycle Health Fitness
Cycling is a healthy activity for exercise. It does require plenty energy, it builds lean muscle mass, improves strength, cardio capacity and endurance. BUT cycling won’t specifically burn belly fat. Reduction of specific areas of the body fat are simply a myth and do not work. The key is to reduce overall body fat through your training and nutrition. Cardio training is one of the best examples of this – a proven activity that reduces overall body fat.
Cycling drives your heart rate up but it burns a significant number of calories doing so. Depending on your size, an hour of moderate cycling has been shown to burn between 470 and 745 calories. An hour of more vigorous cycling between 590 and 930.
Keeping track of your fitness is really easy these days. Reliable quality devices can be purchased for a reasonable price and something like the Fitbit Charge 2 is ideal:
- Pureplus Heart Rate: Continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate tracking without an uncomfortable chest strap.
- All-Day Activity Tracking: Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes and hourly activity. Charge 2 sends reminders to move that encourage you to take 250 steps every hour
- Auto Sleep Tracking: Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and set a silent vibrating alarm. Automatically records select exercises like hiking, biking, sports and more. Charge time – One to two hours. Battery life up to 5 days
- Auto Exercise Recognition: SmartTrack automatically recognizes select exercises (running, biking and more) and records them for you in the Fitbit app. Syncs with Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, Android 4.4 and later, and Windows 10 devices
- Connected GPS: Connect Charge 2 with the GPS on your phone to see real-time stats like pace and distance on display and record a map of your route.Charge 2 syncs wirelessly & automatically to 200+ iPhone, Android and Windows devices
Supercharge your cycling
Traditionally cycling is done over relatively large distances, but did you know you can also use your bike to undertake interval training. Interval training is basically working very hard for very short bursts of time, take a break and then repeat. This style of training is highly effective for improving definition, burning overall body fat and so it’s an ideal addition to your work-out. A very simple way to do intervals is to cycle as fast as you can for 20 seconds, then take a 10 second break, repeating this sequence eight times. Use the Fitbit Charge 2 to help keep track of both time and energy used.
Most comfortable cycling shorts are simply a must for comfort cycling and enjoyment of your exercise session. Cycling shorts help reduce chafing and provide some shock-absorbing padding. Cycle shorts are made from stretchy material, usually a mix of Lycra and Nylon. The material makes the cycle short move with your body and rhythm preventing you from getting rubber. On the inside you will find soft surfaces, pads or liners to provide that all important cushioning its important the inside surfaces are soft as it will be sitting against your skin. The key thing to remember is that you do not wear undies with cycle pants – your underwear will simply bunch up and cause you chafing, this is why its so important to get yourself a great pair of cycle shorts.
- Season?Fall/Autumn, Summer, Spring
- Comfortable 3D pad?is flatlock stitched in to the seat of the shorts to ensure there is no movement
- Breathable fabric: This bike shorts are made of 80% Nylon 20% Spandex. Quick-drying fabric provides super flexibility and keeps you dry
- Humanized design: Sewing a smooth, helps reduce the friction when cycling. Comfortable silicon edges to grip your legs. Breathable mesh design on both sides of thighs
- Lightweight: Easy to take on and flexible and elastic while biking. The breathable function makes them very comfortable to use even during the hottest days
Hands, Head and Feet
Gloves are part of your protective kit and they should always be worn to prevent gravel rash to your pals in the event you fall off your bike. Good quality padded gloves also help to reduce wrist pain. Padding around the base of the thumb can help take pressure off your ulnar nerve and prevent soreness.
Gloves for cycling
The practical reason for wearing a cap are to keep sweat from dripping into your eyes but going into Autumn and Winter, caps come into their own and protect the head with a layer of warmth without causing you to overheat.
Hats for Cycling
Keep Fit lose weight and have a comfortable ride
Track your cycling progression and prove the benefits to yourself once and for all. Keep fit, lose weight and feel better all round. Get quality cycle shorts to start you off, a quality hat, some great gloves and also some warm socks. Get out there in all weathers and build your fitness, your body and your mind. Enjoy.