STRONG LINE-UP FOR 8th ZOUTE GRAND PRIX®
Knokke-Heist, 5-8 October 2017
Knokke-Heist is ready for the eighth ZOUTE GRAND PRIX® (5-8 October). Once again the prestigious classic car festival presents a strong line-up and a selection of exclusive novelties. Like the inimitable Bugatti Chiron, one of the fastest, most luxurious sports cars of all time. As well as sports cars, there will also be plenty of sports stars on the starting line, including heptathlete Nafissatou Thiam and cycling legend Sven Nys.
Five world-class events over four days
Last year’s ZOUTE GRAND PRIX® attracted more than 200,000 visitors to the sophisticated seaside resort. It is now one of Europe’s most popular festivals of classic cars and dream automobiles. This year’s program
me once again comprises five events: the ZOUTE TOP MARQUES® exhibition, the ZOUTE RALLY® by Chubb, the ZOUTE SALE® by Bonhams, the ZOUTE CONCOURS D’ÉLÉGANCE® by Bank Degroof Petercam and the ZOUTE GT TOUR® by EY. For four days, the general public will be whisked off to a dream world of automotive sport, luxury and lifestyle.
- The charity auction of an incredibly rare Mercedes-Maybach G650 Landaulet (only 99 were ever made!) in the ZOUTE SALE® by Bonhams on the evening of Friday 6 October.
- The Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato and more than 200 other exceptional classic cars, such as the Ferrari 250 GT 1959 and the Audi VW Front Cabrio 1934 in the ZOUTE RALLY® by Chubb. The arrival of the classic car rally on Saturday is always a spectacular sight, thanks to the fabulous cars and the host of stellar celebrity participants. This year, the drivers include Olympic and world heptathlon champion Nafissatou Thiam, Anderlecht’s sporting director Herman Van Holsbeeck and former cyclo-cross champion Sven Nys, who will take part in a BMW 507.
- The ZOUTE CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE® by Bank Degroof Petercam on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 October features: the original 1964 Aston Martin DB5 from the James Bond classic ‘Goldfinger’, an historic Alfa Romeo racing car – Giulia TZ2 (1967) – and the Bugatti Chiron, one of the brawniest, fastest, most luxurious sports cars of all time.
- The 33 Spider Cuneo (1971), an exclusive prototype whose taut, pure lines set the trend for car design in the 1970s and 1980s. On show in the Alfa Romeo pavilion on Zeedijk.
- The ZOUTE TOP MARQUES® exhibition on Kustlaan and Zeedijk from Thursday to Sunday, where the world’s most prestigious car marques will show their latest models, including the new Audi RS4 (Belgian première), the new Lexus CT 200H (Belgian première), the new circuit racing car from Lexus, the RC F GT3 Ra
cing and the revamped Bentley Continental GT. In the Jaguar pavilion your can get a sneak peek at the new Jaguar E-PACE.
- The many Lamborghinis, McLarens, Ferraris and other spectacular GTs built within the past 20 years in the ZOUTE GT TOUR® by EY on Sunday 8 October.
New: unique mix of young and old in the concours d’élégance
As well as the Aston Martin featured in Goldfinger, the ZOUTE CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE® by Bank Degroof Petercam has a number of firsts. The spotlight will be turned on two classics that are turning 60 – the BMW 507 and the Mercedes 300SL – while we will also be celebrating Ferrari’s 70th anniversary. But there are plenty of modern gems to admire. Such as the inimitable black Bugatti Chiron, o
ne of the most exclusive muscle cars ever made. The concours d’élégance is held from noon to 6pm on Saturday on the Approach Golf at Prins Filiplaan in Knokke-Heist. Between 9.30 am and 3 pm on Sunday, visitors can admire the selection of more than 100 elegant world-class pre- and post-war cars at the Royal Zoute Golf Club in Le Zoute. For the first time, the vehicles will be parked up on both Fairway 1 and Fairway 4.
This year for the first time, visitors to the beauty parade on Sunday can choose from a range of ticket packages: Silver (€40), Gold (€50: ticket with coupe de champagne at the Ruinart corner; limited number of tickets available) and Platinum (€60: ticket with coupe de champagne at the Ruinart corner plus 2017 ZOUTE GRAND PRIX® Magazine). A small number of Silver tickets are available for Saturday (€ 35). Tickets are available online at www.zoutegrandprix.be.
With the exception of the ZOUTE SALE® by Bonhams and the ZOUTE CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE® by Bank Degroof Petercam all events held on the streets of Knokke-Heist during the ZOUTE Grand Prix® are open to the general public free of charge.
Those arriving by car are advised to park at the public Interparking Station – Duinenwater car park.
You can download the full programme with more details about the ZOUTE GRAND PRIX® 2017 from the download centre (username: ZGP – password: dmspress